Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Love Letter.

The other day, Tonjia found a love letter I had written her while we were "dating". As I mentioned before, Tonjia and I met on the internet, and we had a long distance relationship going on for several months, before we met for the first time. After we met, we still exchanged letters, phone calls, and e-mails until we could move Tonjia and Breanna in with me. In that time, we sent each other hundreds of love notes.

I realize, that since we are now together, I haven't sent Tonjia a love letter in a long time, so I'd like to make up for it here. Without further ado, this is a love letter to my lover, best friend, and wife, fortunately all the same person.

Tonjia, we've been married for 9 years now, and I am more in love with you now than ever. You truly mean everything to me. The time we have spent together has been the happiest of my life, and I cannot imagine being without you ever again. Whenever we are apart, I miss you, and ache to have you near me.

I love the way you work hard, for long hours, to make a home for us, and to keep us warm and safe. I love how you take delight in small things, and how you find facination in new ideas. I love how you like to read, and how you take care of your family. I love that you keep in touch with your mother and father, and that you care about their welfare. I love that you keep your mind open, and that you have a caring heart.

Perhaps what I love about you most is that you are willing to put up with me, and all my faults, and foibles. Thank you for sharing my life, and for filling my days with happiness.

Hugs and kisses...


Dana

2 comments:

  1. Dana...both you and Tonia are most blessed to have found each other!

    ~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you honey. I love you very much. Now I am blushing. :-)

    ReplyDelete