Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sick Day

Yesterday, during the day I felt fine, but in the evening, I suddenly began having chills, nausea, and diarrhea. Yep, I came down with the Norwalk Virus. I spent a fitful night between runs to the bathroom, and strange dreams about having to pay for blocks of time for being sick...

This morning, I'm feeling a little better, but I'm taking the day as a sick day. This is one of the many times it's to one's advantage to marry a nurse. Tonjia was great helping take care of me last night, and I appreciate her efforts.

I was already scheduled off from work at Silt, but I had to miss my bus driving runs today. I intend to spend the day sipping Gatorade and watching TV. Not much else I can do, and I feel weak and washed out. With any luck, this virus will run it's course within a day or so, and I can get back to the bus runs tomorrow.

Dana

3 comments:

  1. I think you should take off tomorrow. Lets go shopping!!!!

    glad you are feeling better honey. Get some much needed rest..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you are feeling better...yep, you are a lucky man to have a nurse as a wife! My poor husband has a 'sympathy-puker' taking care of him! He had back surgery a couple years ago, when it was time for me to change the dressing; I had to sit down with my head between my legs three times before the bandage came off. How on earth did I get through raising 4 children? (good thing they don't read your blog!)
    Feel better!

    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you feel better fast!!!!! that virus is just mean and nasty.

    ReplyDelete