Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowls, Conferences, and a Million Dogs....



Right now, I'm watching the Steelers and the Cardinals play in Superbowl 43. Unlike most men, I'm not much of a sports fan. I'll watch sporting events from time to time, but I'd rather read, or watch a movie. I've never really had a football team to root for, so the whole superbowl hype is pretty much lost on me. I'm favoring the Steelers because they are from Pennsylvania, which is where I've lived the longest. Win or lose, I'm not going to be too upset.

I can't believe it's been a whole week since my last post. I can't offer any real excuses. I've been busy, but not so busy I couldn't spend some time blogging. Yesterday, I was at an EMS conference here in Grand Junction. We studied such topics as poisons, burn care, trauma situations and practiced our skills. I did meet some guys from a local volunteer ambulance service who tried to get me to join their group. I'm still thinking it over, and I might just use it as a way to get my foot in the door in EMS in this county. Where I'm working now is in the next county over. The company the guys belong to only runs a few calls a month, so it wouldn't be too much of a strain.

This morning, I took Frankie and Max to Palisade to walk around the public park there. The path runs alongside the Colorado River, and during the walk I spotted a bald eagle soaring over the park. He was quite a majestic sight, and for an Easterner like me, it was something amazing. When I pointed him out to some of the other people there, they were much more blase about it. Apparently bald eagles are a common sight out here.
Frankie said he saw about a "Million dogs" on our outing. There were about two dozen dogs, which is more than Frankie had ever seen in his entire life!! He and Max did very well with all these other dogs. Max is such a gentle soul, that I don't think there's much that could make him agressive toward other dogs. Frankie, on the other hand thinks he's much bigger an tougher than he really is. As long as he has a fence between him and the other dog, Frankie is brave and bold. When it comes to face to face, though, Frankie's not so manly.


Back to work on Tuesday. I just finished our taxes, and we are expecting a refund! Whoo hoo!

Dana

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen a bald eagle! thats amazing. I guess I should look up more huh?

    ReplyDelete